The island nation of Maritius lies on the southwest Indian Ocean off the coast of Africa. The whole republic includes the main island of Mauritius and other minor islands like Cargados, Carrajos, Rodriques and Agalega Islands. Mauritius creates the perfect ambience for a great romantic adventure with its white soft sand beaches, turquoise water, beautiful gardens and geographic seclusion.
To have a stress-free honeymoon experience and explore the nation thoroughly, you should consider getting an extensive honeymoon tour that is becoming popular in Mauritius. This type of tour allows you to visit the different attractions on the island nation for a specific amount of time. This also means that you get the chance to stay in various hotels and resorts during such visits. Because the costs for excursions and outdoor activities in Mauritius is generally higher than most South African destinations; booking a comprehensive package tour allows you to save money and maximizeÂ time.
The internet, or a travel agent familiar with the area, is the best place to start looking for great tour deals. A Mauritius honeymoon package normally includes accommodation, free excursions, some outdoor activities, amenities, meal specials and other surprise gifts. The tour can last from three days up to a week depending on the chosen package. Some tour companies and resorts even allow you to customize the destinations and itinerary.
The tour itinerary starts with a convenient transfer to your first hotel from the airport. After resting comfortably from your long flight, the tour continues by bringing you to several interesting attractions throughout Mauritius. Examples of the prominent natural attractions that a honeymoon tour can cover are Port Louis, Curepipe, and Aux Cerf.
* Port Louis is the country’s capital and is located on the North Island. While there, you can visit the finest botanical gardens and experience the vibrant nightlife.
* Curepipe is a mini volcanic crater at the mountainous area of the South Island.
* Aux Cerf is gorgeous island at the east of Mauritius that is gifted with picturesque beaches and sand bars.
* Chamarel, Tamarind and Rochester Falls are the main falls in the island nation.
* Blue Bay at the East and Flic en Flac at the West are famous go-to places for pristine white sand beaches.
* Grande Riviere Noire and Tamarin are premier spots for deep-sea finishing expeditions.
You may also opt for a history-centered honeymoon tour, which can include a visit to the National History Museum and the Aapravasi Ghat Immigration Depot. The National History Museum showcases the remaining skeletons of a huge extinct bird called Dodo. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Aapravasi Ghat is the precious remnant of a 19th century immigration depot.
For information about setting up a honeymoon in Mauritius visit here.