A 22 cmÃ¸ sponge cake (1.5cm thick)
- 450g strawberry puree
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 20 g gelatin sheets
- 400 ml whipping cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 150g strawberry puree
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 15 g gelatin sheets
- fresh strawberries
- 300ml water
- 100g sugar
- 2 tbsp raspberry liqueur
24 cm cake ring
For the syrup
- Boil the sugar and water. Let cool down, add in the liqueur.
For the mousse
- Soak gelatin sheets in cold water.
- Boil puree with sugar. Remove from heat.
- Drain gelatin, add to hot puree, mix until gelatin is dissolved. Leave aside to cool.
- Whip cream with icing sugar to form peaks.
- Fold into cooled strawberry mixture.
Dressing the charlotte
- Line bottom of cake ring with cardboard cake circle.
- Place the sponge cake, brush evenly with syrup.
- Brush ladyfingers with syrup evenly on 1 side.
- Line the ring with ladyfingers, the wet side inside.
- Pour the mousse on the sponge cake, chill for 30mins.
- Strain the strawberry puree for topping, boil it with sugar, add in the soaked and strained gelatine. Let it cool.
- Take out the cake. Arrange the strawberries on top then pour in the topping.
- Chill for at least 3hrs.