Cheesy Alfredo Chicken Rigatoni is a nice change from your typical pasta dish, and is totally kid-friendly. It is also something that can totally be thrown together from mostly leftovers, if you have those in your house. We usually don’t here, with the army of small boys that I’m feeding, but your milage may vary!
- 6 tbsp butter salted
- 2 cloves fresh garlic thinly sliced
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2-3 cups parmigiano reggiano
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb. high-quality rigatoni - cooked just over halfway
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 2-3 cups lightly steamed broccoli
- 3 cups cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- Melt butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add heavy cream. Keep heat on medium-low, stirring frequently, until lightly bubbling.
- Slowly add cheese while stirring. Turn heat down a bit and continue to cook until desired thickness is reached.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Boil your noodles until they are about 1/2 to 2/3 done, and then drain well. Place noodles, broccoli, and chicken into an oven-safe 9x13 casserole dish that's been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Pour sauce over the top, and top the whole thing with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pasta for 30-40 minutes. If the cheese starts to brown, cover with tin foil and move casserole to a lower rack.