Amazingly easy shrimp scampi pasta comes together in 30 minutes, and is one of my favorite pasta dishes! Perfect for those nights when I don’t feel like a heavy alfredo. Make sure and get a dry white wine for this, as the sweet ones don’t work as well in my opinion. This recipe is brought to you by my lovely friends over at Gourmet Garden.
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic Stir-in Pasta
- 1/2 tsp Gourmet Garden parsley
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 chicken broth
- 3 tbsp heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start your spaghetti noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Let the butter brown just a touch, and then add in the garlic and parsley. Stir to combine, and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the wine, broth, and half-and-half.
- Let simmer for 5-6 minutes over medium heat until reduced by about half, and add in the shrimp.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, and toss with the pasta. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over it all while it is still hot, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with a green salad and crusty bread.