The warm and cosy feeling I get as fall beckons makes me happy for the dwindling daylight. Root vegetables roasted in cider jus are an ode to that feeling.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tomato & Parsley Vinaigrette
- 1 1/4 lb turnips
- 1 1/4 lb parsnip
- 1 1/4 lb carrots
- 1 1/4 lb red or sweet potatoes (I like leaving the skins on)
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 1 med chopped zucchini for color (optional)
- Boil apple juice and wine in a large saucepan until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 30 min.
- Whisk in olive oil and Veggie Rub.
- Preheat oven to 425 f.
- Peel and cut vegetables into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Divide between 2 roasting pans.
- Pour apple juice mixture over vegetables.
- Toss to coat.
- Roast until vegetables are tender & golden, stirring occasionally, about 40 min.