- 500 grams of beef, thinly sliced
- 200 ml of dashi
- 5 tablespoons of mirin
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 2 small/medium size onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- thinly sliced bell pepper
- pickled ginger
- spring onion, thinly sliced
How to make Japanese style simmered beef
- In a pan bring to boil dashi, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, add onion, turn heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add sliced beef, simmer about 10 minutes till done.
- Serve with brown rice, garnished with thin sliced of red bell pepper, pickled ginger and spring onion.